Whether it is our doctor, a friend, or a family member, most of us have someone in our lives who is constantly telling us to use more sunscreen. We know we should, but it is just too easy to forget about it. Here are five reasons, all more permanent than sunburn, which will make you think twice before leaving the house without that bottle.
Thursday, September 10, 2015
Monday, August 31, 2015
Beer lovers rejoice, here is your list of the best breweries to hit while visiting the Sheffield area in Massachusetts. Ranging from stouts to hoppy IPAs, these breweries have it all!
Tuesday, December 16, 2014
This annual event organized and hosted by The Snowbird Company is back to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina and Orange Beach, Alabama to promote winter rentals and activities to snowbirds that look to escape the cold northern states each winter. While many websites are designed to help snowbirds find winter rentals, the Snowbird Fest is the first expo of its kind designed to help them find suitable winter insurance and become more accustomed to the south in the winter.
Thursday, November 20, 2014
Don’t let a fear of bad weather keep your from having the winter wedding of your dreams. A winter wedding gives you the opportunity to incorporate unique features into your special day. If you are a bride who isn’t into the typical spring or summer wedding, you are not alone! Plenty of brides are choosing to tie the knot in the colder months and here are some of the best reasons you can consider to as well!
Friday, October 24, 2014
As your college career comes to an end, it’s time to start thinking about and preparing for life after college. In general, this means preparing for your job search and giving yourself the greatest chance of success at finding your dream job. It can be challenging to juggle finishing off classes with thinking about job applications, but it will be worth it when you are walking across the stage with your diploma in hand knowing that you have a job waiting for you on the other side. Here are a few key steps to take before you start on that job search journey.
Thursday, September 11, 2014
If your web stats show high bounce rates, dismal conversion rates, and poor organic traffic, it may be time for you to sit down and analyze your web design. In today’s digital world where everybody searches for products online prior to making a purchase, your website has become the face of your business. Visitors will form opinions about you based on their online experience—and unlike potential customers browsing your physical retail store—you are helpless in changing their minds.
Tuesday, May 20, 2014
|Construction (Photo credit: Jim Moran)|
If you're currently working in the world of construction or considering a move to a career in construction, you may be interested in the outlook for these types of jobs. While there's largely been instability in the United States job market, and while the talking heads on the news opine about a slow down in new housing and construction the truth is that in recent years construction labor jobs have far exceeded job growth in most categories. Consider the following:
- The Bureau of Labor and Statistics predicts that through 2022 jobs in construction labor are anticipated to grow by 25%
- This projects out to 325,000 new jobs
- In 2012 there were 1,284,000 of these jobs
- Pay in construction jobs is relatively low. In 2012 the average annual pay for a construction laborer was $29,160, barely above the average median wage for all jobs. If you're looking to become wealthy in your career, construction labor isn't an easy path to it.
- Physical demands. The term "labor" isn't in the job title for no reason, if you're going to work in construction you're going to work hard and potentially work in dangerous situations. Construction workers have a very high rate of injury, and this is certainly something a worker in this industry needs to consider accounting for.